[Geany-Devel] Scintillua again.

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:32:37 UTC 2016

As far as I can tell from reading some old posts and requests, Geany does not
support Scintillua.

I am neither a C nor C++ programmer (although I am making some feeble efforts
at trying to write a lexer for Scintilla / Geany for a variation  on the TWiki
markup language).

So, from an ignorant point of view, because Scintillua is a variant of
Scintilla, I would think (or hope ;-) that it should be fairly easy to use
Scintillua in place of Scintilla in Geany.

Has anyone dug into this at all?

I ask because it looks like it would be a whole lot easier to write my lexer
in Scintillua than in C/C++ (and don't even think about me trying to integrate
Scintillua into Geany unless it would be some very simple matter of changing
sort of a dependency or something (like saying "include Scintillua" instead of
saying "include Scintilla" if that is how Scintilla gets "attached" to
Geany)).