[Geany-Devel] OSX ports?

Chris H spamless at xmail.net
Mon Oct 10 06:09:55 UTC 2016

Quoting Chris H :
Apologies, my mailer truncated my message...

> Greetings,
>  Sorry if this has been asked in the past. I've attempted to find similar
> topics in the
> list archive. But to no avail. The link on Geany's MailingList page
> (http://news.gmane.org/gmane.editors.geany.devel)
> to search the archives returns 404.
> So my question is; are there any issues building on OSX? I'm currently
> maintaining over 100 ports on FreeBSD,
> and use Geany for most of my work, but have recently taken an interest in
> OSX, and now feel handicapped without
> it (Geany). While I see that you provide a link to an OSX dmg image for
> OSX, It's 64bit only, and is limited to
10.7 or greater. What I'd like to do, is create a universal binary that coveres the
whole gambit (10.*). So I guess my question is;
1) Does Geany compile on OSX out of the box?
2) If not, is there already any work on this I might expand on, rather than re-invent the wheel?
FWIW I evaluated MacPorts, but found it less than ideal, and upon further evaluation, found
HomeBrew a better candidate.

Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

--Chris