[Geany-Devel] Future removal of Geany-Plugins from Fedora

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at herbesfolles.org
Sat Nov 12 09:12:48 UTC 2016

Le 12/11/2016 à 01:46, Lex Trotman a écrit :
> On 12 November 2016 at 09:24, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
>> IMO, it would be wise to separately package plugins to prevent one outdated
>> plugin from getting the others removed. AFAIK this is how it's packaged on
>> Debians.
>>

> That is how its packaged on Debian, nothing should need changing on
> Geany's side, so this is a question for the packager.

Indeed.  Actually, it's probably just as easy as removing the dependency
and possibly disabling some `--enable` options in the configure step, as
all plugins check for their own deps, and disable themselves by default.

So maybe simply a rebuild without the webkitgtk dep is enough (I don't
really know anything about Fedora packaging, but I guess it's roughly
similar to Debian's in that area)

Regards,
Colomban