[Geany-Devel] [Test] Geany GTK3 Windows binaries for testing

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Thu Mar 24 15:17:34 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 3:36 PM, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> On 2016-03-24 03:13 AM, Jiří Techet wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 1:04 AM, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca>
>> wrote:
>>
>> On 2016-03-23 07:21 AM, Jiří Techet wrote:
>>>
>>> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>

>>> have 4k monitor on Win10.
>>>

>> What do you have set up for windows display scaling (the dialog e.g. here
>>
>> https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/4597/windows-10-feature-focus-display-scaling
>> )?
>> I need to have 200% because otherwise all the UI elements would be too
>> small on the HiDPI screen. Now Geany window gets resized alright, just the
>> "special" mouse cursors like the caret-like cursor in scintilla or back
>> arrow cursor on scintilla sidebar are not scaled and twice as small (in
>> both directions which makes the mouse cursor's area effectively 4x
>> smaller).
>>

> I have no scaling enabled (ie. 100%). If I wanted a 2k monitor, I wouldn't
> have got one with 4k resolution :)

That's it then. If you run Windows in VM on a "retina" Mac where each
original pixel consists of 4 smaller pixels then 100% is just unusable
because everything is too small. I can imagine 4k screen with 100% is
usable on a 27' monitor but it isn't on a 15' monitor.

Jiri