[Geany-Devel] [Test] Geany GTK3 Windows binaries for testing

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Thu Mar 24 10:13:20 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 1:04 AM, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> On 2016-03-23 07:21 AM, Jiří Techet wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>>
>>> here are new Windows installers for testing.
>>> They are built from GIT master and this time against GTK3.
>>>
>>> There are two reasons for this:
>>> - test Geany+GTK3 more on Windows
>>> - there seems to be a bug in GTK2 on Windows with that very high
>>> DPI/resolutions: on text input widgets (GTK ones and the Scintilla
>>> widget) the mouse cursor gets very tiny.
>>> This doesn't happen with GTK3.
>>> Jiří showed me the bug and he knows more about the details.
>>>

>> Hi Enrico,
>>
>> nice - the mouse problem is solved in Gtk 3 for me but I think not so many
>> users have an HiDPI screen so it's not so important. And if there are some
>> more important problems with Gtk 3, better to stick with Gtk 2 for now.
>>

> I never had any mouse-related problems with GTK2, for what it's worth. I
> have 4k monitor on Win10.

What do you have set up for windows display scaling (the dialog e.g. here
https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/4597/windows-10-feature-focus-display-scaling)?
I need to have 200% because otherwise all the UI elements would be too
small on the HiDPI screen. Now Geany window gets resized alright, just the
"special" mouse cursors like the caret-like cursor in scintilla or back
arrow cursor on scintilla sidebar are not scaled and twice as small (in
both directions which makes the mouse cursor's area effectively 4x smaller).

Jiri