[Geany-Devel] [Test] Geany 1.27 Windows binaries for testing

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Mar 12 17:26:10 UTC 2016

On 12/03/16 17:38, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 2016-03-12 03:28 AM, Enrico Tröger wrote:

>>> Is GeanyPy in there? I remember some discussion about it but I can't
>>> find it anywhere to see what the result was.
>>
>> Nope, sorry.
>> It was already a lot of work to get the majority of the plugins working
>> and all the related work with changing from Waf to Autotools on MSYS2.
>> I skipped the GeanyPy part.
>>

> Bummer. GeanyPy was written to be Windows-friendly from day one, and
> upstream even has a Make file to create a Windows release. Maybe I could

Still it requires additional work.
It's not that I explicitly ignored it, just put the main focus on G-P in
general to get it working. Unfortunately, for 1.27 there is no time left.

> generate a new installer from upstream and host/link it on geany.org
> releases page?

Sure.
Or just contribute to the missing bits to G-P.
Not that it is new that we are running out of time with Windows stuff
close to a release. This is partly my bad but I also never cried to be
only one to care for Windows releases...