[Geany-Devel] [Test] Geany 1.27 Windows binaries for testing

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Mar 12 11:28:29 UTC 2016

On 12/03/16 02:56, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 2016-03-06 02:52 PM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> as you might have noticed, Geany 1.27 is near.
>> And among all the many cool code changes this will bring, we also
>> switched to the MSYS2 environment on Windows to build Geany.
>> Paired with this we changed the build system from Waf to Autotools on
>> Windows and also the bundled GTK runtime environment is taken from the
>> MSYS2 environment.
>>
>> So quite a few changes regarding the Windows support.
>> Ideally, users won't notice this much as Geany should work as before.
>>
>> There should be only place where users notice the changes: in the plugin
>> manager. Beginning with 1.27, we will ship many more plugins like
>> Markdown, Webhelper, GeanyPG and some more which were not built before
>> because of missing dependencies.
>> The drawback is that the size of the Plugins installer increased from
>> about 3 MB to 30 MB, but hey, you get WebkitGTK for Windows included.
>> This is more than just batteries :).
>>

> Is GeanyPy in there? I remember some discussion about it but I can't
> find it anywhere to see what the result was.

Nope, sorry.
It was already a lot of work to get the majority of the plugins working
and all the related work with changing from Waf to Autotools on MSYS2.
I skipped the GeanyPy part.

Maybe you or Thomas or someone else might be willing to work on that for
1.28 but I'm afraid for 1.27 it's too late.