[Geany-Devel] geany and geany-pluigins standalone installation

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Fri Mar 11 18:52:41 UTC 2016

Hi,

Le 11/03/2016 18:40, Volodymyr Kononenko a écrit :
> Hi folks,
>
> I am trying to build PairTagHighlighter to verify PR
> https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins/pull/359
>
> But I am getting undefined references to all Scintilla functions:
>  CCLD     pairtaghighlighter.la <http://pairtaghighlighter.la>
> .libs/pair_tag_highlighter.o: In function `findBracket':
> /home/kononenv/devel/geany-plugins/pairtaghighlighter/src/pair_tag_highlighter.c:85:
> undefined reference to `sci_get_char_at'
> […]
>
> The way how I build Geany:
>
>   * ./autogen.sh
>   * ./configure --prefix=<geany-install-dir>
>   * make
>   * make install

Which version of Geany?  It looks like you'd be building a relatively
old one, and a recent version of Geany-Plugins or something like this.

> The way how I build geany-plugins:
>
>   * export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=<geany-install-dir>/lib/pkgconfig
>   * ./configure --prefix=<geany-install-dir>
>     --with-geany-libdir=<geany-install-dir>/lib --disable-addons
>     --disable-autoclose  --disable-automark --disable-codenav
>     --disable-commander --disable-debugger --disable-defineformat
>     --disable-devhelp --disable-geanyctags --disable-geanydoc
>     --disable-geanyextrasel --disable-geanygendoc
>     --disable-geanyinsertnum --disable-geanylatex --disable-geanylipsum
>     --disable-geanylua --disable-geanymacro --disable-geanyminiscript
>     --disable-geanynumberedbookmarks --disable-geanyprj
>     --disable-geanypy --disable-geanysendmail --disable-geanyvc
>     --disable-geanypg --disable-largefile --disable-geniuspaste
>     --disable-gitchangebar --disable-lineoperations --disable-markdown
>     --disable-multiterm --disable-overview --disable-pohelper
>     --disable-pretty_printer --disable-projectorganizer --disable-scope
>     --disable-shiftcolumn --disable-spellcheck --disable-treebrowser
>     --disable-tableconvert --disable-updatechecker --disable-webhelper
>     --disable-xmlsnippets

You could use --disable-all-plugins --enable-pairtaghighlighter to avoid
having to list all --disable options ;)

> Please suggest, how to make standalone installation in a proper way.

Your way looks good, and all I can imagine is trying to build against an
old version of Geany not using libgeany and a recent enough version of
GP with
https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins/commit/25e3c8851a5113423ce16a6b80085925ebac2e13
applied.

Regards,