[Geany-Devel] Hello Geany Devs

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Jun 15 21:56:39 UTC 2016

On 16 June 2016 at 05:35, Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Alice w <aliceweigt at openmailbox.org> wrote:
>> Hello all!
>>
>> I'm a computer science student interested in open source development.
>> I've taken a few C/C++ classes so far and want to learn real life
>> development skills before I graduate. I've been using geany since around
>> the release of Ubuntu 10. I hope to learn a lot and make some
>> development contacts.
>>
> With open-source projects the best way to start is usually to look at
> the bugtracker:
> https://github.com/geany/geany/issues
>

> and attempt fixing that bug that you find most interesting. If you get
> stuck, feel free to write on the ML.

To get started with development of Geany first read the HACKING file.

Pick an issue you are interested in, you are more likely to finish it :)

Do discuss it on the ML before you do too much, just because somebody
asked for it doesn't mean it will be easily accepted by the project,
and you can get guidance about how the issue should be approached.

Read the HACKING again :)