[Geany-Devel] Toggle menu and status bars

Steven Blatnick steve8track at xxxxx
Wed Jul 6 16:23:57 UTC 2016

Yeah, the autohide until mouse-over is a simple solution, but it is
kinda jumpy whenever I go to my MATE system tray and cross over the menu
area.  I could make it wait longer before opening, but then that would
feel clunky.  Right now, it expands for a few seconds until a menu is
clicked, then keeps it open until the menu has been exited.  The other
problem is the toolbar which I put inline with the menus doesn't stay
visible long enough to use.

We should put in core geany or a plugin the ability to move the menu to
the toolbar in a single icon like Chrome, instead or in addition to the
existing functionality to move the toolbar to the menubar. However, that
solution doesn't reduce the valuable vertical real estate.  Darn wide
screens nowadays ;-)

Thanks,

Steve