[Geany-Devel] RFC: Merge C and C++ Filetypes (no troll)

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Wed Jan 6 20:23:05 UTC 2016

Am 06.01.2016 um 21:12 schrieb Jiří Techet:

>     It's indeed at least interesting to consider, because at least for .h
>     headers there really is some mixed stuff all over the place -- even,
>     simply look in Scintilla's source tree.
>

> +1 for having the headers parsed/lexed by the C++ parser (with sources
> it may be a bit dangerous and typically the sources have the right C++
> extension).

Not replying to Jiří specifically.

-1. .h is legitimately a C, it's just that many people get it wrong. And
I don't want C++ keywords highlighted in C headers while they are not
highlighted it C source files. This is just confusing.

Best regards