[Geany-Devel] New Lexer

Mark Robinson mark.robinson at xxxxx
Fri Jan 1 17:09:38 UTC 2016

Hi Guys,

Some time ago, I asked how I go about adding a new filetype/language to Geany called DMAP.  You kindly told me first to request a new lexer be added to upstream Scintilla, which I did, and it was accepted (it was added to Scintilla 3.3.7).

Geany has moved to a Scintilla 3.6.1, which indeed contains the new language.  However, when I look in the ~/geany-1.26/scintilla/lexers directory, I do not see the lexer's file (LexDMAP.cxx).  In fact, the Geany build does not contain many of the Scintilla files.  Is this because only the files that are used are placed in the Geany build?

Sorry if this seems like a naïve question (which it is), but if I now move to add a new filetype to Geany, will the references to the "missing" Scintilla source be handled automatically or is there something I need to do? - I don't want to mess things up.

Kind regards...M