[Geany-Devel] [FT-plugins] Vala for prototyping

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Aug 27 23:09:36 UTC 2016

Hi All,

With respect to the efforts described in PR #1195[0] is anyone opposed
to using Vala as a GObject code generator?

I propose we use Vala as a way to generate GObject boilerplate while we
hammer out the design of FT-plugins, and later once the design is more
concrete, that we port the GObjects generated by valac to their
hand-written C equivalents (after they won't be changed as much).

It amounts to a few lines of code in `configure.ac` and `src/Makefile.am`.

Is OK?

P.S. This is only for the proposed 'ft-plugins' branch, not in
master/release code.

[0]: https://github.com/geany/geany/issues/1195