[Geany-Devel] Autocomplete on the fly

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Apr 25 23:07:11 UTC 2016

Since we don't have those installed and the Eclipse manual does not
seem to have any explanation of what it calls "autocompletion" (at
least its search could not find it) and Idea does not seem to have a
manual online, can you expand on what you mean by "autocompletion" and
how it works in *ALL* IDEs.

Geany will offer symbol or word autocompletion when you have typed a
valid prefix of at least the length specified in the preferences page
I previously posted, did you try changing the length of the required
prefix from 4?  But although Geany will offer what it thinks are valid
autocompletions it requires the user to select one, since it can't
read their mind and doesn't actually know what the user is going to
type.