[Geany-Devel] [Test] Geany GTK3 Windows binaries for testing

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Apr 10 14:00:10 UTC 2016

On 25/03/16 10:55, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On 24/03/16 07:03, Thomas Martitz wrote:
>> Am 23.03.2016 um 15:21 schrieb Jiří Techet:
>>>
>>> Some problems I noticed with the Gtk 3 build:
>>> - any file dialog like File->Open, Project->open, File->Save as etc.
>>> crashes Geany on my machine
>>
>> I think I had this happen when one of the post-install scripts (of glib
>> iirc) wasn't run when creating the gtk bundle. Some gsetttings-related
>> stuff is missing.
>
> As far as I remember, all post-install scripts ran when I built the bundle.
> Also, as already noted, maybe the bundle creation script deleted some
> necessary files.
>
> I will check this again next week.

New snapshots:
http://download.geany.org/snapshots/geany-1.28nightly20160410_setup.exe
http://download.geany.org/snapshots/geany-plugins-1.28nightly20160410_setup.exe

The bundle now contains GTK 3.20.

The GTK dialog crashes should be fixed. The cause for the crashes were
missing GLib schema files which were deleted. I fixed this in
https://github.com/geany/geany/commit/bd8caf2a85719ffac5687e735979d6ae30dfb3b9
but I guess I missed I included an old build of the GTK bundle into the
last installers.

@Jiří: for me the tooltips looks OK, without any unusual border.
Maybe this was fixed in GTK 3.20, or it is caused by something else
which is not happening on my system.

Besides this, I noticed a lot of warnings, see attachment.