[Geany-Devel] Problems calling ui_update_statusbar from a plugin

Abel akronix5 at xxxxx
Sat Oct 31 13:40:08 UTC 2015

I have a fix for #631 but I was trying to fix this statusbar inconsistency
thing as well, but I think I will open a new issue for that and work on
them separately.

On 31 October 2015 at 13:16, Thomas Martitz <kugel at rockbox.org> wrote:

> Are you working on the existing splitwindow plugin or are you creating a
> new one?

I'm working on the existing one. I prefer to solve some quick & essential
issues first rather than create a new one, but I do think that a built-in &
well-designed solution would be a better approach for Geany.

> I'm slowly working on a in-core solution, you can find it at
> https://github.com/kugel-/geany/tree/splitwindow2?files=1

Last commit is on November of former year? that's really slowly :/ Anyway,
has it been taken any *official* decision of moving on to a built-in
feature instead of a plugin? On other words, Geany dev team, do you have
plans of putting splitwindow into core and dropping it as plugin??

Greetings,
Akronix.