[Geany-Devel] Problems calling ui_update_statusbar from a plugin

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Oct 31 02:59:01 UTC 2015

See the big warning message at the start of the plugins doco
http://www.geany.org/manual/reference/ "Do not use any symbol not in
the documentation".

On more recent versions of Geany the restriction on use of functions
not in the API is better enforced to reduce the risk of accidental
use.  Functions not in the API never worked on Windows I believe, so a
plugin that used non-API functions was not portable as well as
possibly breaking without warning.

Can you not use
http://www.geany.org/manual/reference/ui__utils_8h.html#aa0948006d2f45a2a2a6b7da40169b8ac