[Geany-Devel] Invalid certificate

Arthur Peka artur.peka at xxxxx
Sun Oct 25 13:41:59 UTC 2015

In my understanding "invalid" includes "signed by untrusted authority". I'm
no security expert, and for me browser reporting an invalid certificate is
a red flag - I'll have a hard time figuring out that cacert.org are in fact
the "good guys". I believe, this can also turn away some contributors, who
will think the page is abandoned/compromised, without looking into much
details.

As for let's encrypt - they reported several days ago that they are trusted
by major browsers -
https://letsencrypt.org/2015/10/19/lets-encrypt-is-trusted.html. Check
https://helloworld.letsencrypt.org/ - it's trusted.

BR,