[Geany-Devel] Invalid certificate

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Oct 25 12:30:54 UTC 2015

Hi,

> some may have already said it, but certificate on https://lists.geany.org
> is invalid. I guess the one from Let's encrypt could be used (which now
> seems to be trusted)?

could you elobarate a bit what exactly you mean by "invalid"?
This is a wildcard certificate for *.geany.org and is valid until April
2016.
Your browser might try to trick you into the assumption the certificate
is invalid because your browser does not trust the CA of cacert.org who
signed our certificate. But this does not mean our certificate is
invalid. It's just that the major browser distributors don't accept the
root certificates of cacert.org.

And yes, we will think about using the new Let's Encrypt certificates.
However, as far as I know, the currently available certificates are also
not yet trusted by the majority of applications. Those new,
automatically trusted certificates will first be available some time in
November.