[Geany-Devel] Win32 GTK3 32/64-bit Installer Generator

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Nov 23 06:30:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

I made a script and to generate a Geany installer. I had to make a few
patches to Geany and it's probably not exactly stable/release-worthy,
but it seems to work OK here, if not a bit slow.

I tested the 32 and 64-bit installers on Windows 10 and also the 32-bit
one on Windows Vista.

Branch is here:

https://github.com/codebrainz/geany/tree/win32-installer

The script is in the branch, here:

https://github.com/codebrainz/geany/blob/win32-installer/scripts/win32-installer-msys2.sh

With a MSYS2 install and desired toolchain installed in it, after
possibly editing the top of `scripts/win32-installer-msys2.sh` for a
couple paths, run from appropriate 32 or 64-bit msys2 shell in a
directory where the build cruft can go. After too many minutes it will
output installer .exe in the current dir. Pass `i686` or `x86_64` as
argument depending on the output architecture (default is i686). See top
of the `win32-installer-msys2.sh` script for more details.

Please excuse my lack of Bash scripting skills.