[Geany-Devel] Geany-Plugins rework -- RFC

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sat Nov 21 19:43:49 UTC 2015

On 21.11.2015 19:05, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
> On 11/21/2015 15:42, Frank Lanitz wrote:
>
>> 2) Cleaning off NEWS, Changelog etc. from individual plugin folders
>
> Personally I world prefer to keep Scope NEWS and ChangeLog. The global
> NEWS contains only the most important changes in short format, and the
> git change log, common to all plugins, is a poor substitution for the
> standard text file in widely used change log format.

I was thinking to have a verbose NEWS/ChangeLog inside doc/ tree but
with some common style, but not yet a hard opinion about. To understand
need of ChangeLog now a days: What is it used for between NEWS for end
users and git log for developer? Where is the advantage (so we can find
a good way).

Cheers,
Frank