[Geany-Devel] WAFarewell

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Thu Nov 19 16:45:22 UTC 2015

On 11/18/2015 02:41, Lex Trotman wrote:

> Who is gonna make the PR (for milestone 1.27, after a whole 1.26
> release deprecated) ready to remove Waf, not forgetting the
> documentation, README, INSTALL etc and the website (hint Enrico ;)

Farewell then. It served us well.

Due to the slow process creation under Windows, and the relatively slow
handling of text files under MSYS2, building Geany with autotools took
up to 30 minutes on my old machine, several times slower than Linux _or
Waf under Windows_. I've got a new machine recently.

(makefile.win32 still exists, but for Geany only, not the plugins)

--
E-gards: Jimmy