[Geany-Devel] WAFarewell

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed Nov 18 23:38:18 UTC 2015

On 19.11.2015 00:26, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On 19/11/15 00:00, Lex Trotman wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm planning to do this, all of this (thanks for creating my TODO list ;D).
>>> I will probably do this at the weekend, as time permits. The plan is to
>>> do this soon to have enough time for fixing/adapting missing autotools
>>> bits until 1.27.
>>
>> Yeah, thats why I prompted early in the cycle.
>>
>> BTW the hint was only relating to the website, not the whole lot, but
>> thanks for volunteering :)
>
> Yup, got it. In both ways and the new website makes progress, slowly but
> it's not that far away.
>
> BTW, today Frank started to remove Waf from Geany-Plugins
> (https://github.com/frlan/geany-plugins/compare/build/remove_waf,
> https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins/issues/310).

Most of the removing is done. Updating/Reviewing some documentation left
-- but currently thinking to move this to another sprint as there is
more to do than just purging waf. But still missing at this point is an
"idiot"-proof description on how to build with current autotools on
Windows.

Cheers,
Frank