[Geany-Devel] gtk 3.16 statusbar size under Win~1

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Wed Nov 4 14:20:04 UTC 2015

On 02/11/2015 18:44, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I upgraded my home computer, and am now using msys2 (which was very slow
> on the previous machine). So, I installed msys2 gtk+ 3.16.x and tweaked
> the funny default theme to make it usable, but encountered a slight
> problem with the status bar: it's too big, at least on "Medium" fonts. A
> screenshot is attached, with GtkHBox in yellow and GtkStatusbar in cyan,
> to make it more clear.
>
> Now, I read the source, asked uncle Google, and found [1]. The yellow
> border is indeed 10x6, and setting all status bar margins to 0 via
> Geany.glade removes it. My question is, how to remove it with CSS? I
> tried the obvious things, like margin: 0, but they had no effect.

Those seem to be non-style properties [1] so I'm afraid there might be
no way to alter them from the style…  Maybe using the widget-specific
properties like -GtkWidget-margin-start, but AFAIK that only applies to
widget-specific style properties, not normal properties.

So… sorry, in the end I don't know if it's overridable, maybe ask on the
GTK ML/channel.

Regards,
Colomban

[1]