[Geany-Devel] Questions Regarding ./data/filetypes.*

Devyn Collier Johnson devyncjohnson at xxxxx
Tue Nov 3 16:03:03 UTC 2015

Geany Dev Team:

I may have missed something when looking through the documentation, but
there is something I do not understand. Why do some filenames under
./data/ use the format "filetypes.LANG" while others use the format
"filetypes.LANG.conf" (such as "filetypes.Cython.conf")? In the future,
when I add new filetypes, how can I know which filename format to use?
That is, if I add support for Squirrel (C-like language), would I name
it "filetypes.squirrel" or "filetypes.Squirrel.conf"?

--
Thanks,
Devyn Collier Johnson