[Geany-Devel] gtk 3.16 statusbar size under Win~1

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Mon Nov 2 17:44:20 UTC 2015

Hi, all,

I upgraded my home computer, and am now using msys2 (which was very slow
on the previous machine). So, I installed msys2 gtk+ 3.16.x and tweaked
the funny default theme to make it usable, but encountered a slight
problem with the status bar: it's too big, at least on "Medium" fonts. A
screenshot is attached, with GtkHBox in yellow and GtkStatusbar in cyan,
to make it more clear.

Now, I read the source, asked uncle Google, and found [1]. The yellow
border is indeed 10x6, and setting all status bar margins to 0 via
Geany.glade removes it. My question is, how to remove it with CSS? I
tried the obvious things, like margin: 0, but they had no effect.

[1] https://github.com/GNOME/gtk/blob/master/gtk/ui/gtkstatusbar.ui

--
E-gards: Jimmy