[Geany-Devel] pull request on GitHub, to add GeanyHighlightSelectedWords, into Geany Plugins

Steven Blatnick steve8track at xxxxx
Fri May 29 22:06:41 UTC 2015

+1 on having it directly in Geany from me as well.  My quick-search
plugin works that it highlights all instances the moment your cursor
highlights any text (any changes to the selection).  That may be a
potential way to have it work.

As another enhancement that could/should be in core geany, I suggest
having the find-in-files via grep dialog allow you to navigate to the
matches without having to double click (just simple selection) and
keeping the focus on the search results.  Support for ack-grep and/or
silversearcher-ag and/or moving to the side panel would be nice too.

My quick-find plugin already behaves this way, but having this
functionality in core may be preferred since searching is already
integrated in geany.  (quick-find also keys off of the current path in
treebrowser as a directory base for the search, or uses the project if
it can't find treebrowser.  I used similar functionality in a python
plugin for gedit2, so that's why I created quick-find.)

While nobody else seems to be using my plugins at present, I've been
using them full time for work, and they are pretty stable.  I hope
nobody is annoyed I keep mentioning them.  Any advice on how I might get
them read for geany-plugins is appreciated.  I just haven't gotten
around to it.

plugins: https://github.com/sblatnick/geany-plugins

Thanks,

Steve