[Geany-Devel] New plugin loader mechanisms

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Mar 30 10:47:05 UTC 2015

[...]
>>> In the future geany_plugin_register should be able to be used to
>>> register plugins recursivly, by passing the appropriate GeanyPlugin
>>> pointer, i.e. plugin A should be able to call
>>> geany_plugin_register(plugin_B, ...) to realize pluxies.
>>
>> How does the proxy plugin create plugin_B?  plugin_A is given by Geany,
>> but how is plugin_B created?
>

> See the other thread. plugin_b is also created by Geany, in terms of
> locating the file, allocating GeanyPluginPrivate and integrations with the
> PM dialog. Only the job of loading/unloading is offloaded to the proxy
> (because it knows how to do it), and nothing else.

Now I'm confused (ok, not for the first time :), if a plugin is Python
how will Geany know how to find its file and know to create the
plugin_b pointer?  Surely the proxy plugin has to do that and tell
Geany?