[Geany-Devel] New plugin loader mechanisms

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu Mar 26 00:38:39 UTC 2015

On 15-03-25 04:22 PM, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Am 18.03.2015 um 22:55 schrieb Matthew Brush:
>> [snip]
>>
>> ```
>> static Plugin my_plugin = {
>>   .name        = "Foo",
>>   .version     = "0.1",
>>   .author      = "Me",
>>   .description = "Foo plugin",
>>   .api_min     = 200,
>>   .abi_ver     = GEANY_ABI_VERSION,
>>   .init        = my_plugin_init,
>>   .configure   = my_plugin_configure,
>>   .help        = my_plugin_help,
>>   .deinit      = my_plugin_cleanup,
>> };
>>
>> [sniip]
>
> Thanks for your suggestion to make the plugin_set_info() obsolete and
> move filing the info fields before geany_plugin_register(). I will
> incoperate that into my v2 of my proposal.

If you squint your eyes just right, it looks like you could re-write the
PLUGIN_SET_INFO() in a way to be source-compatible (but obviously not
binary-compatible) with the old way, since nobody used plugin_set_info()
directly, and the hook functions you moved/proposed only add an argument
(which Geany could read, or not, based on the ABI version).

Just a passing thought.