[Geany-Devel] win32 right click on tab --> Open in New Window not working

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Tue Mar 17 13:29:43 UTC 2015

Le 17/03/2015 01:52, Lex Trotman a écrit :
> […]
>> and otherwise
>> if there is a howto about building geany on windows (or how to cross compile
>> it from linux)
>
> I understand cross compile works but its new and I don't know if its
> documented yet, @b4n?

It's as straightforward as any cross-compiltaion -- so it's not really.
It's actually relatively easy, but as we have extra library
dependencies, the boring part is to collect the Windows libraries and
setup the various environment variables so the tools find them.
Apart that it's the standard mechanism for the build system you use,
e.g. for Autotools it'd be --host=i686-w64-mingw32 (or similar depending
on what host you actually want to build for).

There is some docs at http://www.geany.org/Support/CrossCompile -- it's
a bit outdated, but the basis are there.

> Building on windows is addressed on the website and HACKING IIRC.

Indeed, see http://www.geany.org/Support/BuildingOnWin32
This uses Windows makefiles, but you can also use Waf if you prefer.
The environment setup step is the same in both cases anyway.

Regards,
Colomban