[Geany-Devel] win32 right click on tab --> Open in New Window not working

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Tue Mar 17 10:16:48 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 1:21 AM, Giuseppe Penone <giuspen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I recently started to need to open 2 different instances of geany on
> windows to fit the two monitors and realized that the right click on tab
> --> Open in New Window does not work in windows os.
>
> I also tried the nightly build and the bug is still not fixed.
>
> I wanted to ask you if you plan to fix it for the next release and
> otherwise if there is a howto about building geany on windows (or how to
> cross compile it from linux) so that I can fix the bug myself and send you
> the patch.
>
> Thank you for your work, All the Best,
> Giuseppe.

Hi Giuseppe,

I don't use Windows myself but did some work in this area recently to make
it work it on os x so I'm familiar with the code a bit. I think the only
thing you need to do is to put the location of geany.exe into your PATH
environment variable so geany can find it (it just tries to run geany
without checking any additional paths).

Cheers,

Jiri