[Geany-Devel] Requesting ui_setup_open_button_callback to be exported

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Tue Jun 30 18:43:06 UTC 2015

Hi, all,

Taking point from:

On 28.6.2015 г. 06:14, Matthew Brush wrote:
 > It can easily be made available on-demand, as normal.

I'm renewing my request for ui_setup_open_button_callback to be made
available for the plugins. By the time I first requested it, there were
plugins with their own versions (inferior - no native Win32 dialogs),
and currently, it seems that geanylua, spellcheck and scope imitate it.

To save you some browsing of the mailing list archives, the following
points were raised at the time:

"GtkFileChooserButton should be used" - however, Scope requires file and
directory names which may not exist at the moment of choice, and if
memory serves me, the file chooser button / dialog does not support
names in $PATH either.

"It should be properly g-object-ified" - well, nobody was willing to do
that, much less add Glade support.

(@Matthew: yes, I have plans to use it, had them from >= 2 years. :)
Currently, my hope is to use it from the stable 1.25 release, if
possible, or whenever it becomes available.)

There are other things I need, but let's see how this will it turn out...

--
E-gards: Jimmy