[Geany-Devel] Windows installer snapshots with GTK 2.24

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jun 28 10:36:08 UTC 2015

On 27/06/15 20:53, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Am 27.06.2015 um 01:09 schrieb Enrico Tröger:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've built new Windows installers from current GIT master.
>>

>> Downloads can be found here:
>> http://download.geany.org/snapshots/
>>

>> Please note that these are test builds from the current development
>> version, don't expect release quality.
>> You have been warned :).
>>
>> After you installed the snapshots, you can also use the nightly
>> builds again on Windows (i.e. copy the archive contents over the
>> installation).
>>

>> Any feedback is welcome.
>>

> Nice! I'll try to spin GTK3-based installers soon. Though it needs tiny
> patches to Geany (PR will follow).

Nice too!

Since this may affect your work too:
after Jiří's feedback, I made two changes to the Windows installer:

- include grep.exe
- update geany-themes repo in release.py

I added a note about including grep.exe on
https://wiki.geany.org/howtos/win32/build#create_a_stripped_down_gtk_runtime_environment.
It'd be cool if you could do something similar in your scripts (grep.exe
doesn't need to be in the GTK runtime directory, as long as will result
in the Geany bin installation directory at the end).

And I updated the Geany release.py linked in the Wiki with a 'git pull'
command in the geany-themes repository.