[Geany-Devel] f403e7e (PR#188) - Maintain edit history on document reload

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Wed Jun 24 16:30:02 UTC 2015

Le 24/06/2015 17:04, Thomas Martitz a écrit :
> Hello
>
> I have just noticed that current git, by default, doesn't prompt anymore
> when reloading documents, even when they are changed.
>
> I traced it back to the $SUBJECT commit. IMO it's fine to keep the undo
> history on reload and not prompt, but it's not fine if the file is
> currently modified (unsaved) and reloading throws all unsaved changes
> away, without warning.
>
> This is especially problematic because the new pref is on by default so
> users will probably be surprised by the new, changed behavior and lose
> some hours of work (happend to me...).

How does it loose work?  you can undo the reload and you get your stuff
back, don't you?

> I'm asking for restoring the prompt (by default), at the very least if
> the file is unsaved.

Would be fine with me, as I don't think reload is something done so
often that a confirmation would be much pain.  We could restore the
previous confirmation behavior.

"offending" commit is
https://github.com/geany/geany/commit/660c441b4af272fe4e40eb6a6cda2badb8f17eac
I guess.