[Geany-Devel] Msys2 to compile on win32

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Sun Jun 14 21:31:43 UTC 2015

Am 14.06.2015 um 23:20 schrieb Enrico Tröger:
> On 14/06/15 19:08, Thomas Martitz wrote:
>> Am 14.06.2015 um 18:32 schrieb Thomas Martitz:
>>> Actually the issue goes away if I remove the installer-included GTK
>>> runtime, so that the one in PATH is used. I guess I didn't add enough
>>> files (icons?) to the installer
>>>

>> Indeed, I could fix the lacking icons and the warning spam by including
>> the adwaita icon theme into th installer.
> Ok, this must be a new GTK3 requirement then I guess.
> GTK2 worked without any additional icon themes.

Were icons compiled into the library? The icons must be somewhere.

Remember that I didn't take the bundle form gtk.org, i simply extracted
the pacman package files downloaded by msys2, and I just forgot to
extract the adwaita icons (IIRRC adwaita is the default gtk theme
everywhere now)

>> A terminal window still opens when I launch geany and GTK prints some
>> warnings, but only at startup.
> Still no idea :(.
> It is a usual black command line window from Windows?

Yes, as if you started geany with -v.

Best regards