[Geany-Devel] Autotools and Waf options (Was: Re: Msys2 to compile on win32)

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Jun 6 16:14:49 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-06 05:57 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 06/06/2015 13:07, Dimitar Zhekov a écrit :
>> […]
>>
>> I'm using waf under Linux as well, since it keeps the source tree clean,
>
> You can do the same with Autotools, though it admittedly doesn't enforce
> it.  Just run configure from the directory you want the build files in, e.g:
>
> $ mkdir _build
> $ cd _build
> $ ../configure [options]

That's only partially true, at least when using a Git clone. autogen.sh
script puts quite a few files in the source directory, and then make
will put even more, if building any of the Vala plugin.

It is true for the release tarball though, if you don't mind using Vala
compiler of the person making the tarball.