[Geany-Devel] Autotools and Waf options (Was: Re: Msys2 to compile on win32)

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Jun 6 12:57:27 UTC 2015

Le 06/06/2015 13:07, Dimitar Zhekov a écrit :
> […]
>
> I'm using waf under Linux as well, since it keeps the source tree clean,

You can do the same with Autotools, though it admittedly doesn't enforce
it.  Just run configure from the directory you want the build files in, e.g:

$ mkdir _build
$ cd _build
$ ../configure [options]

> and allows compiling only selected plugins without a super-long list of
> --disable-plugin-s.

With Autotools you can indeed not (yet) easily only configure a specific
plugin, but you can very easily only build one, by running Make inside
the plugin's subdirectory (e.g. `make -C theplugin`).

And we could probably relatively easily add a flag similar you the
current Waf's `--enable-plugins` -- this was mentioned yesterday on IRC,
we could try and add e.g. --disable-all so to build a single plugin it
could be --disable-all --enable-this-one, but we could probably also
have the --enable-plugins=list semantic.

Regards,
Colomban