[Geany-Devel] CDK Plugin

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Jul 29 23:32:20 UTC 2015

On 15-07-29 08:46 AM, Pavel Roschin wrote:
> Is GTK3 really unavoidable dependency?

I could spend effort trying to make stuff compatible with both GTK2 and
3 but since GTK+ 2 is obsolete and even Geany will be depending on GTK+
3 by default soon, it seems pointless to write code that is deprecated
before it's even complete.

> At a quick look it doesn't use scintilla's autocompletion window - what
> is the reason?

Currently it uses Scintilla's. Eventually it will probably provide own
popup window that has better items, some extra widgetry and performance
improvements over Scintilla's.

> That would be a great feature. Did you also look at CodeIntel?
> It could improve support for many languages, not only C/C++.

I did not. To the best of my knowledge libclang provides the best and
most accurate open source library available for IDEs to hook into the
C/C++ compiler and in my experience, besides a having a user-unfriendly
API (verbose, inconsistent, undocumented, etc), it offers lots of useful
features out of the box.