[Geany-Devel] [patch] Find dialog boxes behavior like VS & tab menu new "Copy Full Path" option.

Patrick Masotta masottaus at xxxxx
Fri Jul 24 13:30:53 UTC 2015

Hi Guys,
I've been using Geany in Linux for a while and it really makes my life easier.
I wanted to share a couple of simple mods that will result familiar for people used to Visual Studio.

You can find them here
https://github.com/ppatpat/geany/tree/VS_FindDialogStyle

1) Changes the "Find" dialog boxes behavior like VS

[CTRL]-F,
[CTRL]-H, and
[CTRL]-[SHIFT]-F
behavior is changed mimicking VS IDE style.
 a) Only one dialog can be displayed at the time.
 b) Marked text is automatically loaded as text to the dialog "find" field.

2) Adds to the tab menu (right-click) an option ("Copy Full Path") giving the full path of the opened file .
Very handy when writing/commenting about code.

I consider VS IDE find dialog boxes style ubiquitous
I hope you guys can find these mods useful.

Best,
Patrick