[Geany-Devel] [Geany-Users] Geany-Plugins website down because of issue at sf

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Jul 21 19:36:15 UTC 2015

On 21/07/15 14:54, Jiří Techet wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 6:58 AM, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If its gonna be hosted on Geany projects server it needs to be HTTPS
>> and that means getting a "real" certificate accepted by browsers.

Could you please elaborate why "it needs" to be reachable via HTTPS?
Just for my curiosity.

I will setup the plugins website now and it will be reachable via HTTPS
with the same SSL certificate as the main Geany website, the certificate
has a wildcard for *.geany.org.

> HTTPS isn't used for Geany tarballs or binaries from
>
> http://www.geany.org/Download/Releases
>
> so it doesn't have to be used for the plugins either (may be a nice-to-have
> but not required IMO).

No doubt on "nice to have".
This is the same as for the Geany website itself. We need to solve the
certificate issue. Though it is a seperate issue.