[Geany-Devel] Failed to build 1.25-release with the makefile.win32 build system

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Thu Jul 16 16:14:15 UTC 2015

On 16.7.2015 г. 01:35, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On 13/07/15 18:35, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
>> On both my older and newer MinGW-s, make -f makefile.win32 ended up with:
>>
>> [...]
>> <long list of additional undefined references>
>>
>> Lacking -lgeany perhaps?
>
> Yes, and some more things which are not up2date.
> [...]
>
>> (Personally I'm not a fan of makefile.win32, since you can't build
>> geany-plugins with it.)
>
> Is there a reason why you used it?

I wanted to test build geany only for the win32defines cleanup, so
copying localwin32.mk and starting make directly somehow seemed faster
than Waf... turned out not to be.

> Waf should do basically and thanks to Thomas' work, building with MSYS2
> is very easy and probably the future.

Waf does it completely, and is my favorite. Works under Win~1 and Linux,
does not make any problems, and requires only a python.

As of MSYS2, autotools autogen/configure starts a lot of processes,
which is slow under Win~1, and I'm not sure whether it'll bring some
unwanted shared library dependency.

--
E-gards: Jimmy