[Geany-Devel] Syntax Highlighting for SWI Prolog

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Jul 13 23:02:14 UTC 2015

On 14 July 2015 at 02:09, Dennis Khong <denniswkkhong at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. I'm just learning to do some programming using SWI Prolog and is using
> Geany as my IDE on Ubuntu. Since Geany does not currently support Prolog, I
> have used the information from the syntax highlighting file from Notepad++
> to make a filetypes.Prolog.conf file. I am using the lexer_filetype=C for
> this purpose, and everything seems to be working fine as far as I can tell,
> except for single line comment. The single line comment for Prolog is %% but
> does not seem to be working as Geany still recognizes // instead.

If you mean recognises in the syntax highlighting then yeah, the C
lexer is hardcoded to C syntax.

New filetypes to https://github.com/geany/geany/pulls

PS Scintilla (www.scintilla.org) is the editing component we use, it
has a Prolog lexer,  You could add  PR to use that instead of a
custoim filetype.