[Geany-Devel] [Geany-Users] [ANN] Geany 1.25 is out!

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Mon Jul 13 21:53:23 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 11:59 PM, Russell Dickenson <
russelldickenson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Congratulations to everyone involved with Geany's development and
> ongoing support. Fantastic work! I love the idea of time-based
> releases, though I would have thought you would choose 6-monthly
> instead of 4-monthly sprints.
>
> Thank you to Jiří Techet for the OSX build as it looks fantastic and
> works well. A colleague who uses OSX and Linux was recently frustrated
> with trying to find a suitable text editor for OSX, given his love for
> Geany. The advent of the OSX build solved his problem immediately.

Good to hear you find it useful! Let me know if you run into some OS X
specific problems. There are a few GTK-related quirks which would require
patching GTK and which I probably won't fix but things which are inside
Geany itself should be fixable quite easily.

Cheers,

Jiri