[Geany-Devel] pull request on GitHub, to add GeanyHighlightSelectedWords, into Geany Plugins

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Thu Jul 9 05:36:39 UTC 2015

Am 09.07.2015 um 04:41 schrieb Matthew Brush:
> On 2015-07-08 07:28 PM, Steve wrote:
>>
>> I agree.  Maybe a reload_plugin type function?  I saw a similar
>> problem in gedit plugins, where you have to restart the editor for
>> some things to take effect.  And you're right, if i remember
>> correctly, I just want to be able to reload my own shortcuts, and the
>> existing call does them all, which is overkill to say the least.
>>

> GeanyPy, which also has sub-"tools" (still called plugins, but in
> Python scripts) has the same problem. I'll bet GeanyLua and
> GeanyMiniScript suffer of the same.

Hopefully we can land my proxy plugins effort for 1.26, then external
tools could create sub-plugins for each tool, each with their own
keybindings (I do have adapted GeanyPy to already locally, works awesome).

So that's already 3 use cases for proxy plugins.

Best regards