[Geany-Devel] [RFC]: No force push policy on Github PRs

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu Jul 9 00:21:13 UTC 2015

On 2015-07-08 01:03 PM, Jiří Techet wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 5:47 AM, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca
> [snip]
> So personally I wouldn't carve any rules in stone and would decide case
> to case. For bigger patches with many review comments it's probably best
> to ask the reviewer which way he prefers to have the fixes committed.

Yeah, of course. I didn't mean, despite how the subject might sound,
that we could/should _never_ re-write a PR, just that we shouldn't do so
casually/by default, and that if rebasing is desired, that it should be
held off until the end when whoever's going to merge it is ready and
asks the contributor to do it or does it themselves.