[Geany-Devel] Questions about bugs/features trackers

Minh Bui minh.forte at xxxxx
Fri Jul 3 21:48:46 UTC 2015

Hello, I'm a student who wants to contribute to Geany. I've read the
HACKING file and surf through the bug/features tracking list.

There are several questions I would like to ask:

1. What are the "open" tickets? Are they issues that people have proposed
and haven't been picked up by the development team?

If the answer to the question above is "yes" then:
Are the "open-accepted" tickets are tickets that the development team has
accepted to work on?

2. Why do we have to use 2 different tracking systems? I noticed that the
issues tracking on Github and the one on SourceForge do not match with
others. Which is the most active recent tracking system?

4. Assuming my assumption for the first question is correct, I would like
to work on this: http://sourceforge.net/p/geany/bugs/1026/. But I'm in
doubt because I don't know if someone has already working on this.

Thanks a lot!
Minh Bui