[Geany-Devel] Windows installer snapshots with GTK 2.24

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Jul 2 20:34:40 UTC 2015

On 01/07/15 23:01, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Am 01.07.2015 um 21:33 schrieb Enrico Tröger:

>>> Nice! I'll try to spin GTK3-based installers soon. Though it needs tiny
>>> patches to Geany (PR will follow).
>> Thomas, could you do me a favor and check against which libraries your
>> geany.dll is linked?
>> Basically performing a 'ldd' on Windows.
>>

> I use EXE Explorer[1] to inspect imports. Actually, I vaguely remember
> problems with libwinpthread-1.dll during the linkage cleanup effort (I
> did stumble upon it). But I don't remember the outcome. I do know I
> didn't use msys2 back then but mingw32. Nevertheless neither geany.exe
> nor libgeany-0.dll built by msys2 import this library (it exists in the
> msys2 file system though) so this binaries don't suffer.
>
> Perhaps a bug in the toolchain.
>
> The gcc version is 4.9.2, binutils is 2.25.

Thanks.
I upgraded my Mingw environment so it is now also gcc 4.9.2 on my
system, but still got the linkage to libwinpthread-1.dll.

In case I won't find a solution in the next days, I guess I will just
include it in the 1.25 installer. If it doesn't happen with MSYS2, it's
all fine for the future, I guess.