[Geany-Devel] Tab context menu suggestion

Steven Blatnick steve8track at xxxxx
Thu Feb 19 18:38:52 UTC 2015

I just started a plugin
<https://github.com/sblatnick/geany-plugins/tree/master/tab-utils/src>
to give some additional functionality to tabs.  For now, it just adds a
"Close before" and "Close after" options instead of the "close
everything else" option.  The thought occurred to me, this may be a
feature we would want to add to geany itself.

Personally, I'd rather have something like "close from here
before/after" or "close before/after" in place of "close everything
else", but there is no reason geany couldn't have both.

Another thought, is there a way to disable the full list of open tabs
from that context menu so my list isn't so long to get to the power options?

Should I implement this into geany and  create a pull request?  Or can
someone argue this really should remain in a plugin?

As an unrelated side note, I think we could add a toggle button type to
toolbar buttons and add a toggle for line wrapping.  For now I'll just
continue to use the keyboard shortcut for this.

Thanks,

Steve