[Geany-Devel] RFC: New Custom Filetypes Repository

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Dec 20 05:04:51 UTC 2015

Sounds like a reasonable idea, but it triggered me to ask about
licenses and copyright.  Imagine my feigned horror when I discovered
none of Geany's filetypes has a copyright notice or license for its
use.

So I am claiming copyright and Enrico and Colomban, the invoice is in
the mail :)

The wiki has a blanket "cc share alike" license notice in the footer,
so thats better than nothing, though with no copyright owners
identified just who is giving this license is questionable.  But its
better than Geany.

We need to make sure that the license is transferred to the new repo
as well, and then I think its a good idea.

(IANAL, nothing in the above constitutes legal advice :)