[Geany-Devel] Devel Digest, Vol 93, Issue 4

Per Löwgren per.lowgren at xxxxx
Thu Dec 17 21:48:13 UTC 2015

> What they were suggesting would work for others and not just your own
> computer.
> What was meant here is to:
>
>  1. /Fork geany on github./
>  2. Modify geany's code to add GEANY_API_SYMBOL to the functions you
>     want made public.
>  3. Add API documentation
>  4. Move the function declarations above GEANY_PRIVATE in the header.
>  5. /Commit the changes to your fork on github./
>  6. /Create a "pull request" from /_/within github's web interface/_/,
>     requesting pulling the changes in to the core product./
>
> That way, everyone benefits :-)
>
> I've been considering doing this myself to get some functionality back
> for my plugins since they fixed the symbols for linux.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the input!

At the moment I think I'll keep my plugin third party and stick with the
public API as it is. There is one plugin for managing projects already, and
seems superfluous with another. I keep the plugin publicly available
because it's there and might as well be :-)

Regards,
Per